Catie's Newest Recording
- Whitney Luckett [ 2/27/2008 - 14:12 ] #We're surpised to see that there are still seats available for Catie in two weeks. She's really a great show guys! According to an update earlier this week, Catie just finished the recording her next CD down in Nashville. This should give us some juicy new songs for next month's concert here at the house. The CD still needs final production, so unfortunately it won't be on the CD table here.
Check out this video of her song "People Look Around" on Catie's website. It's a song she wrote with Mark Erelli & one of my favorites. There are also recent show reviews the site that are worth taking a look at. Hopefully we'll see you here at the house in March... If you don't already have a ticket for Chris Smither, the next concert here at the house will be Girlyman in late June.
Catie Curtis In March
- Whitney Luckett [ 1/18/2008 - 14:42 ] #According to her website, Catie is back in the studio as we speak recording her next CD. We're looking forward to havinger her back with us in March. How can you go wrong with an artist that The New Yorker calls a Folk-Rock Goddess? We love having Catie here because she's so much fun to have around. Her performance at Lyons last summer reminded us that we needed to bring her back her for y'all. Check out "People Look Around" co-written with Mark Erelli!
Catie Curtis Returns in March
- Whitney Luckett [ 7/19/2007 - 23:11 ] #
Following Patty, in March we are we are elated to have Catie Curtis back with us. I’ve just been listening to Catie's most recent CD and it has some unforgettable songs on it. Check out "People Look Around" co-written with Mark Erelli! I saw a great quote from The New Yorker calling Catie a “Folk-Rock Goddess”. All we know is that she’s a wonderful person and a very talented artist. This concert will sell out – so you might want to get a check moving this way.
Catie Sold Out
- Whitney Luckett [ 11/11/2005 - 11:55 ] #
It's probably fairly obvious - but just a confirmation that the Catie Curtis show this weekend is sold out. AND - Luckett's are back to buying a keg for the evening. NO NEED to bring beer, we will have it here. (The bottles became much to heavy to lug out...)
See you Sunday night here at the house to end the 2005 concert year with a bang.
Catie Curtis in November
- Whitney Luckett [ 8/27/2005 - 18:10 ] # We're closing out the year here with another huge act. Catie Curtis will grace our 'lil 'ol stage here at the Luckett house in November. Rolling Stone has great things to say about her.
Her latest release, "Dreaming in Romance Languages" and several listener reviews are up on Amazon. We've known Catie for years - an old friend of the family - and we guarantee that you'll have a great evening.
Catie Curtis - Folk Diva - HERE at FHC
- Whitney Luckett [ 2/7/2005 - 13:02 ] # Last, but certainly not least - the stars are aligned for us these days! We are in for quite a treat in November HERE AT THE HOUSE. Yes - the woman that The New Yorker calls a "folk-rock goddess" is going to play here at the house. Catie Curtis' agent called and asked if we were interested - and boy are we!
OK - so we pulled some strings, but Catie is going to be here in November. For those of you not familiar with her, check out SRO Catie Curtis page. We have not signed the contract yet, but expect to see it here early next week. Don't miss this one - it's another one of those one of a kind evenings. Almost no one sees Catie in smaller intimate venues anymore...