Award Winning Singer / Songwriter Here
- Whitney Luckett [ 10/16/2006 - 10:43 ] # In less than two weeks, New York Singer Songwriter Christine Lavin will return to Freinds House Concerts. It's next to impossible to list her accomplishments which include: founding member of the "Four Bitchin' Babes", 17 solo CDs, producer of 2 major artist compilations including songs from John Gorka, Judy Collins, Dave Van Ronk, Cliff Eberhardt, Tom Paxton, Pete Seeger & more. Her songs have been included in Broadway plays, featured at Carnegie Hall and enjoyed by millions. She has her own show on XM radio and is a guest host on WFUV's Sunday Morning in New York. She's even had her songs turned into award winning books.
Christine puts out 200% in every concert and she will make you laugh. Last year, her aunt was starring in the opening scene of Desperate Housewives on TV the night of the concert. We all watched the scene on TV then called Aunt Patsy on speakerphone to check in with her.
In meeting her - you've literally touched US folk music history because she's been in the thick of it for so many years. Don't miss this show... We turned away so many fans last year, we moved the concert to the Colorado Springs School this year - see details below.
Proceeds from the evening will benefit TESSA - the local El Paso County domestic violence shelter & sexual assault crisis center.
- We would like to attend and would like to invite friends. Are there six tickets...more
- [name not provided]
- Hi Elise...
Yes - we have 6 tickets, should I sign you up to pay at the door?...more
- [Whitney Luckett]
read more (2 total)
Gourmet Dinner With Christine Lavin
- Whitney Luckett [ 9/29/2006 - 13:52 ] #
*** Update: There are only a few seats left for the dinner ****
Our second event to benefit TESSA this month will be a dinner with Christine Lavin at Chez Luckett before the Friday, October 27th concert at the Colorado Springs School.
Chef Marc will cook up a multi-course gourmet dinner to tickle your fancy and then you'll be whisked off to the theater for front row seat at Christine's concert.
Checks are already coming in, and because of the work/cost involved, only a limited number of seats are available. Please send a check immediately or call to confirm availability.
Dinner w/ Christine Lavin & Preferred Concert Seating
Friday Night, October 27
$100 Suggested TESSA Donation
Christine Lavin T.E.S.S.A.
Christine Lavin Concert For TESSA
- Whitney Luckett [ 9/8/2006 - 09:24 ] # Thank you all for your patience. The details of the Christine Lavin show are finally in place.
The Colorado Springs School has donated their Louisa Auditorium to host this benefit for TESSA. Christine is loads of fun and we can't imagine what she'll come up with for a Halloween show...
Christine has been hanging around the NYC folk scene since the Washington Square days. The stories she tells are incredible. Last year I picked her up in Fort Collins at about 11:30 PM and we laughed the whole way home. For someone who's played Lincoln Center in New York, she's wonderfully accessible. The best place to find her music is here, click on any of the albums and take a listen. Take years off your life laughing with Christine in October.
Please make all checks out to TESSA. Tickets for the concert will be $25 in advance.
Christine Lavin T.E.S.S.A.
Save The Date: Christine Lavin - Friday October 27th
- Whitney Luckett [ 7/26/2006 - 13:34 ] # That's right - Christine is headed back this way for another magical evening in October. We're working on a venue big enough so that she can twirl her batons & NOT get caught up in the trampoline. Not so easy, cuz her personality is bigger than life!
Christine is doing this as a benefit for TESSA, the El Paso county domestic violence shelter and rape crisis counseling center. More details to follow, but mark your calendars because you won't want to miss Christine in a Halloween weekend show. Who know's what she'll pull out of her hat! Maybe we can even get another verse to "card carrying bleeding-heart liberal" directly from Irving...
- Whitney Luckett [ 7/28/2005 - 00:51 ] #
We successfully booked Willy Porter here this Fall. We’re sure that the pressure from fans here is what finally threw it over the edge. Willy’s guitar playing is “awesome wicked man” (oops… I guess I was in Hawaii a bit too long, huh?) There is one caveat my friends, in order to keep bring y’all such good shows, we need to make sure that we have good showing across the board. We’ll see you here soon, ja?
Despite this town's tendency towards last minute reservations, the September show for Christine Lavin is almost 50% sold out at this point. We actually arrived home from vacation to find 6 messages about her concert alone. Many of the checks received are not normal house concert goers. If you have ANY interest in Christine – you really should get your check in pronto. This could very well be the best concert of the season – she is without a doubt the most famous of our 2005 artists. I've never been up close & personal with someone who Lincoln Center commissioned to compose and debut music. Don’t’ get shut out of this one - remember seats are limited.
Christine Lavin Friends Spaces Willy Porter
Christine Lavin HERE at the House
- Whitney Luckett [ 5/28/2005 - 18:54 ] # Anyone who’s followed the folk music scene long enough recognizes Christine Lavin – either from her voice blending perfectly with Dave Van Ronk’s through the years or as a founding member of “The Four Bitchin’Babes” or from her WFUV Sunday morning show or even from her own solo career. Back in New York we failed to win a private house concert in a WFUV on-line auction, but patience eventually pays off. It’s almost impossible to express the extent of Christine’s impact on up and coming artists over the years - her website says it all.
This quintessential New Yorker will bring her very special blend of wry social commentary & music to Friends House Concerts in late September.
In a bit of a twist – Christine has asked us to invite y’all for a knitting circle about an hour prior to the show. What a great way to connect immediately to a community! Those of you craving a once in a lifetime experience – join us for the knitting circle about 6 PM. (Gees… now I have to start a REAL knitting project…) Pick any of the albums here for a listen....